[governance] FW: [] Fwd: IPv4 Address Exhaustion Milestone & Comcast Starts DOCSIS IPv6 Trial

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Sun Feb 6 16:23:30 EST 2011

Thanks Ian,

Both Phillip's and Bil's comments are well worth reading.

To carry on - a link to my 2007 paper 'The Future of the Internet is Not the Internet,' which I had the pleasure of presenting to Vint Cerf, David Clark, and other luminaries at a joint NSF/OECD workshop...in which I told them all they were misguided in worrying about future networks when they should be thinking of future grids...composed of any number of heterogeneous networks and services...and users, and content, and devices, and...whatever else we might imagine, without necessitating but also not precluding IPv4, or v6, or...

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/18/42/38057172.pdf

(Final paragraph was cut off by OECD editors- or by this absent-minded prof sending said editors wrong file to my eternal embarrassment...but I guess that's ok since we are clearly not yet at the end of the story...)

Lee