[governance] Statement by Internet technical & academic community reps to CSTD WG on IGF

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:17:02 EDT 2011

Hey Sam,

This is an excellent statement, thanks to all who participated!

Of course, it does open the possibility of having this CSTD working
group becoming a continuing series of meta-meetings without
termination to determine the shape of the continuing series of IGF
meetings, perhaps without termination.  Perhaps the CSTD working
group could even eventually evolve into a bureau with decision making
capability!  :-)

Given the location of the multistakeholder group in which the I*
community is firmly embedded  --  within the formal structure of the
UN system  --  that could be an interesting development.

Cheers,

George

     governance at lists.cpsr.org