[governance] When Machines Kill

Sylvia Caras sylvia.caras at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 19:41:12 EDT 2010

This seems to me a subset of the governance and standards question,
and my sense of unintended consequences of software is stronger than
this author's.

"While complex robots and drones may not have much, or any, human
input at the operational stage, their responses to visual and other
stimuli are pre-determined through a series of programs and
algorithms."

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/mariner/20100922.html?DCMP=NWL-cons_legalgrounds
     governance at lists.cpsr.org