[governance] ITU vs. ICANN

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Oct 13 06:57:59 EDT 2010

Right, Karl
This is why I am unenthusiastic about setting up ALAC as a "counterbalance" to GAC. First, because it is  unlikely that ALAC can carry that weight; second because we want authority to devolve to people, not a committee of 15 appointed people. Anyway, McTim, the real solution is for governments to become involved directly in bottom up policy formulation in an equal-status process, not to set up _another_ silo like the GAC that is empowered to second-guess, intervene externally or otherwise overrule the bottom up policy making process.

--MM

     governance at lists.cpsr.org