AW: [governance] IISD comment on the draft

Meryem Marzouki meryem at marzouki.info
Thu Oct 7 07:44:28 EDT 2010

Le 7 oct. 10 à 12:53, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang a écrit :

> [...]However, I agree that we have to go beyond IGC. But the
> involved other groups have to have a clear understanding of IG and
> linkage to constitutencies active in this field. What we have so
> far is the ALAC/ALSs structures under ICANN, the CISAC under OECD
> and, in a broader sense, WSIS accredited NGOs which have expressed
> an interest in IG. It needs obviously some coordination. [...]

There is absolutely no reason to (and above all no legitimacy to) put
any condition on the involvment of any group, provided that it is a
genuine CS group, of course. This kind of exclusion, if originating
from the IGF or UN bodies themselves, would raise protest against
attemps of exclusion. I'm wondering what it would lead to if
originating from a CS group like IGC..

Best,
     governance at lists.cpsr.org