[governance] Very neutral statement on enhanced cooperation

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Nov 3 05:22:16 EDT 2010

At 06:20 03/11/2010, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
>>This definition (also mutually adopted by governments) definitely
>>conflicts with the Tunis Agenda.
>
>I don't think that the definitions can be reconciled; they are
>talking about two entirely different processes.

Jeremy,

if you disagree with my premise (that they will eventually be
reconciled by the interested parties), the shortest statement is that
we are on planets apart. Hence, if this coalition wants to be more
than a moon in the governments/users sky, something nobody objects,
its need to get real first. We are in life, not in procedures. One
will listen to us if we adequately contribute, not because we have
the right to speak.

>Whilst it is not entirely coincidental that they use the same term,
>there is not much that we can learn from the European Community
>experience.  Just like "open access" means completely different
>things depending on whether you are talking about content or infrastructure.
>
>I read your interesting email several times, but I'm still not sure
>exactly what you think we should add to, or change in, the draft
>statement to cover the points you raise.  Maybe I'm just being
>dense, but I think if you could restate your proposals much more
>concisely (like, in a few lines at most) it would make it easier for
>others to digest them and respond.

As I hinted in talking of a moon in the governance sky, we need to
change ourselves first if we do not understand what one expects from
us. There is time to first define our area of responsibility, what
civil society means, and the legitimacy, pertience and competence it
gives us to address people's private, civil and public needs.

Sorry if I knocked at the wrong door. My need is for addressing the
real life impact on public issues of the technology fondamental
metachange we have obtained (RFC 5890-5895). The important  thing is
not the metachange (it was implied in the technology) but the
intergovernmental assessment of what real life should look like from
their current perspective.

Cheers.
jfc

A reality check, the questions raised by
http://www.circleid.com/posts/kidnapping_theft_and_rape_are_not_cyber_crimes/

     governance at lists.cpsr.org