[governance] Our strategy, work plan and outreach

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 03:04:35 EDT 2010

Dear IGC Members.

I highly appreciate Izumi’s suggestion and assessment of the areas where
attention is required.

It is good time to move for practical work for the Society to extend the action
on the actual Mandate (of IGF Charter Para 72).

We believe that IGC is global forum, representing the best participation of
Civil Society and governmental and non-governmental stakeholders (on the whole)
but we should admit that IGC itself is lacking practical work for the Civil
Society or Internet Communities.

IGC should work at the bottom level to facilitate the common citizen. I
appreciate Ginger Paque, who immediately acknowledged her support to this cause.
However, some friends mentioned constraint of the time and non-availability for
taking further load of work. Everyone is very much tight up with his day to day
life. But we should arrange a little bit slot for betterment of the Civil
society.

I suggest that we should encourage capacity building, and rather than mentioning
our limitations specifically, the messages should appear from those candidates
who can participate more to strengthen the framework and action plan of the
caucus.

Thanks and Regards

Imran Ahmed Shah
Founder & Executive Member