[governance] Friday morning... (Arabic Domain Name) Some

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Fri May 7 17:37:39 EDT 2010

Thanks Subbiah for this update and part of history. I recall Vint Cerf at
ICANN 2001 in Melbourne saying, as ICANN Chair,  "English is the lingua
franca of the Internet"  And I recall many people lining up to speak at the
public microphone at the board meeting, in some sort of protest, in any
language other than English while a bemused board looked on.

Internet governance moves in slow and mysterious ways! But yes, it is good
that we finally got there "officially" even if for many we got there a long
time ago.

Ian Peter

     governance at lists.cpsr.org