[governance] SECOND DRAFT suggested statement on MAG's future

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu May 6 00:24:18 EDT 2010

Jeremy,

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:
> This incorporates Yrjö's changes in place of the original paragraph 3, and
> moves some contested passages into [square brackets].  Additions will appear
> underlined in rich text email clients.
> --- begins ---
> The Internet Governance Caucus (IGC) supports the maintenance of
> the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) of the Internet Governance Forum
> (IGF), as the body that links the UN Secretariat to the stakeholder groups
> that are recognised by the Tunis Agenda as the joint sovereigns of Internet
> governance.

I still find this objectionable.  While the stakeholder groups may be
considered joint sovereigns of the IGF, I do not see them as sovereign
over IG in general.  Remember, the IGF talks about public policy
issues in IG, it doesn't actually "do" IG.

--
Cheers,

McTim

The MAG has shown the feasibility and positive effects of

     governance at lists.cpsr.org