[governance] Strangeness in the IGF programme

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 4 21:17:33 EST 2010

The fruit is in the debate itself. Intellectual discourse must again reach a point of respect to be honored in and of itself. It is not just about "publish or perish".  The value must be seen as the discourse and not a result.

I know you did not mean to suggest that only something that produces a paper that is a feather in a cap is important, I just take this opportunity to remind that societal evolution is a process not a conclusion.

I very much like Jeanette's wrap also and would like to see more contribute in this fashion as it helps us to put in perspective and double check that we were reading it right.

I thank all who contribute, on a personal level it makes my experience much richer.

From: Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Hi Jean, this message is helping me a lot to get in synch with the discussion, which I tried to follow in the last few weeks and could not. I think what your wrap-up of the debate so far should as well be posted in the igf-members list.

        This is not true. Right now, we do have quite a lively and important