[governance] Fwd: [] CALL FOR STATEMENTS OF INTEREST: ALAC-selected

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Wed Jul 21 17:12:02 EDT 2010

On 07/21/2010 10:56 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

>> From: ICANN At-Large Staff<staff at atlarge.icann.org>

>> Subject: [At-Large] CALL FOR STATEMENTS OF INTEREST: ALAC-selected
>> ICANN Board Member

>> Call for Statements of Interest (SOIs) from ICANN's At-Large
>> Community for consideration to be selected by the At-Large Advisory
>> Committee (ALAC) to serve as a (term-limited) member of the ICANN
>> Board of Directors

This announcement seems premature given that no process has yet been
established for the public to chose who its director(s) shall be.  At
best there is a proposal (a very poor one in my eyes) on the table.

It seems as if ICANN is asking people to throw their hats into the ring,
with the ALAC presuming that it will be appointed as ringmaster, and
before the ring itself has been designed.

	--karl--

     governance at lists.cpsr.org