AW: [governance] Consensus call on IGC statement: please respond

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 29 09:44:37 EST 2010

I vote NO

Process was ill formatted.  Jeremy clearly did not have the time to guide this process and was an advocate or defender of his positions by fiat not logic and persuasiveness.  All these last minute concerns were voiced and ignored or Jeremy simply did not have the time to study and clarify(understand). Literally no Latino/Hispanic input or outreach and Asian input was negligible. I only noticed "out of Africa" participation but nothing "from" Africa.

MAG needs serious reform as it remains an ICANNesque appointment by status quo supporters.

There remains here a silencing of voices in any way critical of the old guard and a definite slant toward self and elite cadre aggrandizement. This is reflected with emphasis in the "mushy" statement. No this is not a "great" job. It is in fact a very bad job.