[governance] Less than 10% of IPv4 Addresses Remain Unallocated,

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 19:48:42 EST 2010

Hi,

Yes there is just one NRO, just to clarify your comment, for my
region's 'Asian' allocation of Number Resources passed on from IANA,
we have an Asian body that is a member of the NRO called APNIC Asia
Pacific Network Information Centre and the news was forwarded from
what I receive from them on a regular basis. Here is the APNIC IPv4
address block allocation. For us we will always refer to it as the
Asian NRO because that is whom our region interacts with, its quite
expensive though, the Malaysian guy at IGF2009 was right, we need more
decentralization of the NRO and regional allocators :o)

Two /8s allocated to APNIC from IANA (1/8 and 27/8)

The information in this announcement is to enable the Internet
community to update network configurations, such as routing filters,
where required.

APNIC received the following IPv4 address blocks from IANA in January
2010 and will be making allocations from these ranges in the near
future:

    001/8
    027/8

Reachability and routability testing of the new prefixes will commence
soon. The daily report will be published at the usual URL:

http://www.ris.ripe.net/debogon

For more information on the resources administered by APNIC, please see:

http://www.apnic.net/db/ranges.html

For information on the minimum allocation sizes within address ranges
administered by APNIC, please see:

http://www.apnic.net/db/min-alloc.html

Please be aware, there are now just twenty-four /8s remaining in IANA's
unallocated IPv4 address pool.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please
contact the APNIC helpdesk

   helpdesk at apnic.net

Kind regards,
Elly