[governance] Re: Haiti

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:29:05 EST 2010

This does, however, also point to the continuing value of the "old"
technology - the vhf radio that we always used to depend on in the
Caribbean when disaster struck. That seems to have been the medium for
some of the very first information to get to the outside world.
If anyone receives news about people - for example Max Larsen who
presented a paper in Egypt or Stephane Bruno who worked with the IXP
or Raymond Noel but lots of others - please share.
Deirdre

2010/1/13 Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google <tracyhackshaw at gmail.com>:
> The power of the Internet and Web 2.0 ... Twitter feeds are providing rich
> sources of info ... this site has even more donation links and rapidly
> growing links to Facebook and other Social Media dealing with the Haitian
> crisis http://www.whatgives.com/2010/01/12/helping-haiti/
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google
> <tracyhackshaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Say a prayer for our brothers & sisters in Haiti - they just got an IXP
>> going ... now this ... some donation and other relief resources can be found
>> here http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail??blogid=95&entry_id=55157
>> Can we do anything to help?

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir
William Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979
     governance at lists.cpsr.org