[governance] Online survey on reform of the IGF and projects I

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 3 11:09:57 EST 2010

Fouad,

I suggest that this type of ultimatum language be considered very thoroughly before being used.  You are being given a privilege to muddle through the torture of organizing intellectuals.  You are faced with very aggravating circumstances that thwart doing what you want. Brutal indeed. But personal. Perhaps best to save histrionics for substantive issues like life and death and health and wealth.

You probably could have made all these points much easier had you just given one line recommendations for each paragraph. Over the past 15 years or so we have found it useful to confide in another and vent frustrations off list. Then come to the list with solutions,, proposed that is.

(however do not go too far)
Democratic notions require that the Tea breaks and such "back room" decisions not be made. That agreements and debates be on the record and open and transparent.  What you have chronicled is not optimum -- maybe more collegiate and social but not in keeping with good governance.

I read every word you wrote - twice. I think you are right where you are supposed to be and I think good progress is being made because of very good people like you.

--- On Sun, 1/3/10, Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> A statement of input to the IGF Secretariat before the Jan. 15 deadline and/or for the OC (Jeremy, Fouad?)

Hi Ginger and all, please read this because this a very important
understanding we have to develop if I am to take upon a responsibility
for my group:

I'm already in on this and we need more input of our members because
the IGC is because of its membership unless we understand why we need
our statements in the first place and for which occasion we need
statements as well as how can we structure a dynamic response group
within the MAG and how our statements can make an impact from the OC
to the MAG and then finally at the IGF.
WHO DO WE REPRESENT AND HOW