[governance] Re: Round II

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Dec 17 05:48:42 EST 2010

Egypt
Reading ECOSOC resolution – MSH, inter-governmental nature be preserved
WG has been already established through Chair’s decision this morning
We do have guidelines – ECOSOC 2/2010

Draft Second Committee resolution – gave guidelines on how this process
Para 19 – consideration of improvement of IGF – based on all member
states and other stakeholders

Urge to devote this session to have constructive dialogue

Belgium
Fully support UK, Portugal, Germany, Finland
In favor of balanced membership of all stakeholders

Mozambique
Feel somehow from clarification by Mongi
Mozambique is not the member of CSTD
My feeling – we speak about MSH, that  - all members participate on
equal footing – govs, civil society, academia, IGOs
We would not have parity in terms of numbers, but rights to debate and
participate in decision making process
Let’s follow the procedure
Keep it – but if not that is the case, then let everyone participate
on equal footing

Austria
Balanced participation of all stakeholders with balanced composition
in holistic manner

Pakistan
Support Philipines etc

Slovakia
Support Sri Lanka

Chile
More practical – appeal to your wisdom.
We are seeing two interpretations as main avenues
It is time for you, Chiar, to narrow down to get to consensus

EU
No decision on establishment of this group.
Partial decision of government group only this morning.
ECOSOC resolution – invitation to CSTD Chair by ECOSOC

A few more govs, then it's our turn.
kept wait for say 20 govs even I did raise my hand and noted by the secretariat
     governance at lists.cpsr.org