[governance] WG - +5?

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 09:19:20 EST 2010

Regarding adding 5 CS and business representatives, it is of course better
than nothing but the WGIG was basically 50/50 composition. In the current
proposal, we would have here 20 + 5, which is a considerable regression. 20
+ 20 should remain the goal, with 20 + 15 a minimum, which could be
presented as 15 govts + 15 other + 5 hosts.

Kenya should also be added, as the next IGF host (as the resolution was
agreed in NY on continuation). This would mean : 15 + 15 + 5 + 1 (ie 36,
with 21 to 15 between governments and others).

B.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Izumi AIZU <aizu at anr.org> wrote:

> Well, yes, the direction is not bad, but UNLESS we work hard,
> this will not be achieved. We need more voices expressed
> inside and outside the CSTD meeting tomorrow, clearly heard.
>
> There are still strong push-back from those who formally
> proposed and won the argument to make the WG only
> by government reps. It's not so easy to reverse at this point.
>
> So I urge any organizations and individuals to echo with IGC
> statement, or go beyond, to request CSTD to put non-governmental
> members into the IGF WG, to the Chair/secretariat.
>
> Send it here TODAY!!
>
> Mongi Hamdi
> Head of the CSTD Secretariat, UNCTAD
> <mongi.hamdi at unctad.org>
>
> izumi
>

> 2010/12/16 Anriette Esterhuysen <anriette at apc.org>:
> > These formulas sound like football formations. Would be good if we have
> > Mourinho, or Guardiolo as our strategy advisor.
> >
> > I also think this is a move in the right direction.
> >
> > Anriette
> >
> >> Going in the right direction then; not quite the 3+3+3 that I proposed
> >> on Monday, but maybe 2+2+1?
> >> --
> >> Roland Perry

>                         >> Izumi Aizu <<
>
>           Institute for InfoSocionomics, Tama University, Tokyo
>
>            Institute for HyperNetwork Society, Oita,
>                                   Japan
>                                  * * * * *
>            << Writing the Future of the History >>
>                                 www.anr.org

Bertrand de La Chapelle
Tel : +33 (0)6 11 88 33 32

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exupéry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")