[governance] Reposting Workshop 3: Transnational enforcement of a new information order – Issues of rights and democracy

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Apr 16 00:38:54 EDT 2010

A recent article on ACTA 'WIPO, WTO Requested To Advise On
Anti-Counterfeiting Treaty' would be useful to refer to. see
http://www.ip-watch.org/weblog/2010/04/15/european-parliamentarians-call-on-wipo-wto-for-technical-advice-on-acta/
.

Also see a letter by some EU parliamentarians to WIPO on ACTA at
http://www.erikjosefsson.eu/sites/default/files/WIPO-letter-from-Greens-EFA.html

It is important to note that ACTA also envisages a new institution of IP
enforcement, including over and through the Internet, , whose
implications for IG is something worth pondering upon.

Parminder