[governance] Letter to Rod Beckstrom

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Sep 18 04:14:19 EDT 2009

Agreed, Parminder. And this system of supervision is an affront to all liberal and democratic norms of governance, not just to the South. It is, however, de-nationalization we need, not "inter"nationalization

Maybe. But on another important count, we, as the South based civil
society groups, loathe to work through a system where the interests and
rights of one country are highly privileged over others (the
sub-committee keeps speaking of US citizens, and expectedly so). We are
not willing to be the 'rest of them' as we figure in this system... It
is therefore of great and urgent importance that internationalization of
supervision of ICANN is seen as *the* non-negotiable and urgent step in
the IG arena. The reluctance and double-speak of many in what is seen as
the global civil society in this arena is most disturbing to me, and as
I am prone to say, completely unacceptable.

parminder
     governance at lists.cpsr.org