[governance] CIA's Latest Web 2.0 Move Raises Questions

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 23 16:44:12 EDT 2009

Yahuda and all,

  From strictly a intelegance gathering point of view this
is a very adept move by the Obama administration.  From a
social networking point of view it has perhaps many known
and unknown consequences of which the unknown we will
all learn of much later, or perhaps in the not too distant
future.  What's a bit galling is that this move was not
open and transparent to the US public, but will not go
unnoticed by other nations intelegance agencies or certainly
miscreants of various sorts.

  This said your earlier post regarding Google's concerns
about Internet regulation and it's effects on Google as
well as potential future customers/suckers that may consider
Google services of various sorts as well as users for use of
their search engine.  More interesting and nearly halarious
to me is that for several years I have along with some of our
members have been trying to warn Google of their business
practices as they have become the "Poster Child" for driving
Internet regulation by those very abusive and privacy intruding
business practices.  Now it appears that they shall reap the
whirlwind for such foolish abusive practices especially given
their Gmail and search engine products that have been the
main culprits for such a drive and the fact that Google had
been providing huge amounts of users and subscribers PII data
to Intelegance organizations such as the CIA.