[governance] ICANN/USG Affirmation of Commitments

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 14 01:20:50 EDT 2009

I think the key here, that is quite "grounded, is the term "enabled". Enabled and empowered are great terms.  The practical is definately required after the psycho-anthropologic mechanisms are in place.  A ten thousand dollar bicycle does nothing for the health of the wealthy owner who sits on his couch watching while others do.

It is imperative that through education and outreach we get people active and interested in their own governance.  I have found that while very bright people can use the net and be perfectly satisfied that it requires techies to keep their access running smoothely.  When you ask them about policies that allow their access and content and rights they just look at you like you are from mars. Countries still do not get it. Successful enterprises do get it. It is socially irresponsible that they do not share that knowledge --  yet we can see why they to not.

I once had cards that said I was a Global Information Technology Strategist.  I think I know what it meant but not really.