[governance] New Candidate for Co-coordinator: Rafik Dammak

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:16:04 EST 2009

Thank you, Ginger that is my bio and will be glad to reply to any questions.

I am a Research Student at the Interdisciplinary Information Studies, at the
University of Tokyo, with focus on Ubiquitous computing, wireless sensor
network and embedded systems. I hold a degree in Computer Engineering. I
worked before as Software engineer at STMicroelectronics. I am also a
DiploFoundation alumni after completion of the Internet Governance Capacity
Building program. I took also the Online course on E-voting. I participated
in the online WIPO course on Intellectual Property because my interests for
IPR issues and A2K.

I have joined Creative Commons Tunisian license project as Public co-leader
(http://creativecommons.org/international/). I am involved in the youth
participation at Internet Governance and in the organization of youth
workshops (
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/index.php/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=WSProposals2009View&wspid=230)
and attended as a youth representative. I am member of the remote
participation on IGF working group. I have been involved in ICANN community
as NCUC individual user member and also appointed recently as GNSO councilor
for the Non-commercial Stakeholders Group. I am also an ISOC global member.

I attended IGF Rio de Janeiro, Hyderabad and Sharm Sheikh. I participated at
the first Summer School on Internet Governance held in Meissen Germany.

You can follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/rafik

Finally, I joined IGC since I started be involved on IG issues.
Rafik