[governance] Invite: Code of Good Practice for IG Workshop

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Fri Nov 13 07:27:11 EST 2009

People can can add files or edit the Code of Practice wiki.. but you
have to create an account and then log in.

I will discuss making it completely open with our partners, but there
are advantages in having people log in as it makes tracking who said
what easier and more transparent.

Anriette

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 15:12 +0300, McTim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Anriette Esterhuysen <anriette at apc.org> wrote:
> > Dear McTim
> >

> > Have you not just done exactly that? Participated in our work?
> >

> It depends on what is in the final version.
>
> > Seriously.. speaking for APC. We are a membership organisation.. quite
> > old (20 years) and quite old-fashioned in some ways in that members
> > decide what we should prioritise. APC's primary accountability is to its
> > members. At the same time we work in a very inclusive way and many
> > organisations and individuals outside of the APC member community
> > participate in our work. I actually recall another APC document or
> > statement a long time ago (related to access in Africa) that changed as
> > a result of comments you made.
> >
> > Also keep in mind that we are not governance institutions.
>
> True, in the strictest sense of the term, but UNECE and CoE are, no?
> I think my point is still valid.  Folk who live in glass houses and
> all that.
>
> Unfortunately, parental responsibilities prevent me from going to
> Egypt, but I will try some remote participation.
>
> And yes, you can add it to the wiki (but I can't?)???

anriette esterhuysen - executive director
association for progressive communications
p o box 29755 melville - south africa 2109
anriette at apc.org - tel/fax + 27 11 726 1692
http://www.apc.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org