[governance] JPA

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed May 27 10:43:39 EDT 2009

hi,

On 27 May 2009, at 10:32, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

> What would be a good approach to the Internet? Would we be happy
> with an intergovernmental model?

I do not think so.  i think it has to be:

a. a multistakeholder model
b. a model that grows out of ICANN's own multistakeholder base.
c. while being independent

and then we get to:

>  One of the few if not the only international organization with
> "teeth"

if such a group only had the ability to review adherence to by-laws
etc.. then would teeth mean, in addition to questioning and making
public statements, being able to vacate a Board decision based on
rules/process not having been properly followed.  but would teeth
exclude any judgement based on content on a decision.

or are you looking for teeth to be able to take a bigger bite?

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org