[governance] Re: The Internet Helps Iran Silence Activists

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 28 09:29:12 EDT 2009

Jeff,

Your subject line - headline is irresponsible, misleading and beneath your normal reliability.

Tyrants silence dissenters. That is a given. We would be better off trying to cut off the air they breathe than trying to prevent tools they can use to do so. But I really do like your notion that the Internet is a living breathing thing that can do something.  Yesterday my coaxial layed itself and my drill put a hole in the wall while my computer educated me. Today my car will drive me around to a house of worhsip that will give me faith. At least most americans will naturally die of their fat rather than their own lifestyles.