[governance] JPA - final draft for comments

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Wed Jun 3 12:29:50 EDT 2009

On 3-Jun-09, at 7:51 AM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> I .... am not understanding how we went from a good statement with
> some debate on the margins to the meaningless stuff you have below.

We got there through a reasonable synthesis of what many people
actually said, and through effective application of a consensus
process - good qualities in a coordinator.

And it is not "meaningless" to re-iterate the principles "we" would
apply in assessing the future status of ICANN's roles or any
statements about intentions.  If fact, such principles can serve
quite well as a standard of measurement to be used in calling upon
ICANN, and the agencies setting the context in which it operates, to
account for their actions.

GG
     governance at lists.cpsr.org