[governance] Of Interest: Congestion Management FAQ from Cox

Ginger Paque ginger at paque.net
Wed Jan 28 04:49:21 EST 2009

This transparency is a positive step peripheral to the NN debate:

First introductory paragraph from the FAQs at:
http://www.cox.com/policy/congestionmanagement/

Congestion Management FAQs

Updated 1/27/2009

In February, Cox will begin testing a new method of managing traffic on our
high-speed Internet network in our Kansas and Arkansas markets. During the
occasional times the network is congested, this new technology automatically
ensures that all time-sensitive Internet traffic - such as web pages, voice
calls, streaming videos and gaming - moves without delay. Less
time-sensitive traffic, such as file uploads, peer-to-peer and Usenet
newsgroups, may be delayed momentarily - but only when the local network is
congested. Our goal is to ensure that customers continue to experience the
consistently fast, reliable Internet service they've come to expect from
Cox.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org