[governance] RE: [Coalition] Civil Society Information Society Advisory Council(CSISAC) Charter

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 01:47:25 EDT 2008

Dear Marc and Milton,

Can such proposals and documents also be shared with us who
participated and intervened during the OECD Ministerial with the Civil
Society Group and signed the CS Seoul Declaration?

I feel that maybe due to my own lack of direct contact with the group,
I may have been left out. As we also represent a number of groups that
have been keenly following the process of inclusion of CS in the OECD
process, I would like us to be included into the mailing list on which
such discussions are taking place.

Regarding skype calls and participation, in a country like mine
Pakistan, where we have an economic, energy and stability crisis, with
only 8-10 hours of electricity to carry out communication and respond
to these activities, there should be a mailing list for
e-conferencing.

I hope my request would be considered.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> Hi, Marc
> I just caught up with this message, and I think I speak for several CS
> groups in saying that this is just not the way we ought to be going
> about constructing a joint, unified civil society presence in OECD.
>
> The document was not developed on the public Wiki that you (EPIC)
> yourself created; it ignores the output of a collective meeting of the
> involved CS groups in Geneva; it unilaterally declares your own
> organization the "Secretariat" without any process for gaining the
> consent of other civil society organizations. And releasing a proposal
> one day before you discuss it on a call is bizarre and minimizes the
> opportunity for actual participation and acceptance.
>
> So I won't be on that call and don't think anyone else outside EPIC will
> be, either.
>
> Let me know when ya'll decide that this is about civil society and more
> than just EPIC.
>
> --MM

Regards.
Fouad Bajwa