[governance] The New Class: Civil Society Professionals?

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu May 22 23:02:02 EDT 2008

This is just common sense. People who work for organizations that make
governance decisions (e.g., an RIR or ICANN or ITU) cannot be considered
impartial judges of the criticisms, assessments or policies that should
be applied to their own organization.

I just sat on a program committee for an academic organization, to which
I submitted a paper. Of course I recused myself from evaluating my own
proposal, and the proposal of any of my students.

Same principle.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org