[governance] how to un-digg?

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:48:51 EDT 2008

Hi Adam,

My take and interp - on the e-fly, subject to emendation - here at ACM /
Yale Computer Freedom & Privacy Conference 08 you current query is right on
point. A lot on social networking and associated possible rights including a
suggested 'Right to Delete;.  The  myriad issues of non-
*contextuality*also hot (ref, Jon Pinkus and colleagues).

Can we discuss here, is it ok for governance domain, Internet etc. *rights
and duties approaches*, and what is a matter of choice, taste, or for
regulation - glad to see your post here, there's some interest in the actual
(USA)  cases I have brought on *cyberlibel*, and the most fun thing - Robert
Guerra's here too!

Looking forward to your discussions, LDMF,

P.S. gmail flickering, hope no typos remain.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to "un-digg" something.
>
> Say someone writes an article for a major newspaper about a report you
> wrote and the article got a number of key facts wrong.  But people are
> digg'ing the article and therefore linking and perpetuating the
> misinformation.
>
> Not suggesting any type of censorship, more a right of response/correction.
>
> Someone raised a related kind of issue during the Rio IGF -- how do we
> teach the Internet how to forget (or do we need the Internet to learn how to
> forget?)
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff
*Respectful Interfaces* Programme.
Individual e-post.
For I.D. only: Communications Coordination Committee for the United Nations
(CCC/UN) [ Civsci NGO].
International Disability Caucus & Coordination of Singular Organizations on
Disabilities; Persons With Pain International, National Disability Party ,
United Nations education, values, and technical committees; Internet
Governance Forum.
.
Analyst, author, inventor in computing fields ARPANet forward.
2007 CONGO Nominee List for Strategy Council - Global Alliance For ICT
Deveopment (looking to next time).  Other Affiliations on Request.