[governance] NOMCOM - MAG nominations

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Mar 24 06:31:34 EDT 2008

Hi All

We did a rethink on the nomcom process and the last date for volunteering
now is by the end of 26th, i.e. Wednesday. We now only need 3-4 more
volunteers, which I hope we will get over the next 2/3 days, till Wednesday
night.

We need to fold this process up as soon as possible because an announcement
calling for nomination is expected very soon, and given that the new MAG
needs to meet by mid-May, not much time will be given for submitting the
names. This is the reason that I have brought the last date for volunteering
forward to 26th. Hope there will be no objection to it.

The full schedule of the process is

Last date for volunteering for nomcom - March 26th

Challenges and corrections of published names - by 27th

Final list of names published - 28th, Friday

Seeds (sources to be declared later today) for RFC program available on
29th, Saturday

Nomcom names announced - 30th, Sunday

Any challenges - 31st, Monday

Nomcom starts, and nomination for MAG opens-  April 1st.

Nomination close - April 8th

Nomcom confers between 9th and 16th.

Nomcom announces names of IGC nominees for MAG - April, 17th

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org