[governance] Software Distribution / Turning software

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Sun Mar 23 22:54:55 EDT 2008

>I could be wrong but this sounds very irelevant to governance,
>or the internet.

-

governance - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governance
The word governance derives from Latin origins that suggest the notion of
"steering". One can contrast this sense of "steering" a group or society with
the traditional "top-down" approach of governments "driving" society,
distinguish between governance's "power to " and governments' "power over".

-

My guess is that it depends on how One feels,
what 'Governance' should encompass.

"How we use the Internet" in terms of day-to-day
usage and the applications that enable us to access
the Internet, are subject to Governance under my
construction, of the word here in this space.
That's just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Regarding the article, I use a Browser every day
to access the Internet. the browser is my Saraswati
if you will  [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saraswati].

So when major Corporations engage in "distribution practices"
that "undermines the trust" I belive in,
regarding my daily used application(s) [a Browser].
It strikes me as an issue that infringes upon Governance.

Discussion related to
'Internet-software/application-distribution-practices'
are to me, a very vital area of IG, since I use and depend
upon a Browser everyday, like so many Others
to access the Internet.

The key word here is 'depend', because we 'belive'
in the application, which holds our trust.

--
Suresh,
What is APCAUCE's position

Is that also excluded from IG?