"bridge", was Re: VS: [governance] Summary Report of IGF MAG

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Tue Mar 4 04:58:47 EST 2008

Avri Doria ha scritto:
> Part of this issue, if I understand correctly, comes out out of the the
> numbers issue.  How many we get versus how many they get.   In terms of
> the numbers issue on the MAG, personally I think that of the 20 places
> not allocated to government choice, 10 should be people suggested by
> private sector players and 10 should be from those recmmened by civil
> society players.  I think within each of those groups there should be
> people with all sorts of multiple identifications: as feminist, as youth
> and elder advocacy, as pro private sector development, as pro public
> sector development, as pro PPP development, as pro government, as
> anarchist, as advocacy for the disabled, as South, North, East, and
> West, pro Foss, pro IPR ...  and of course members of the internet
> community and of academia and an even split between the genders.

I think that all groups should select people who are honest, are hard
working and committed, are willing to listen, know what they are talking
about from several standpoints, and have a personal and professional
background as broad as possible.

So the people that the IGF should be looking for are exactly the ones
that wouldn't fit into a rigid categorization.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------
     governance at lists.cpsr.org