[governance] nomcom's criteria - was multistakeholding

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Jun 8 12:48:19 EDT 2008

I thought I had sent this last night but apparently didn't.

Let me add that in my opinion this would be a difficult if not
impossible rule to fulfill, and attempts to fulfill it are likely to
take a lot of time while providing meaningless results.

In any tough selection process the _actual_ criteria used to select A
over B will emerge as the selections are being made. Oh of course they
can say things like "best qualified, most knowledgeable," or "regional
and gender balance," blah blah.

So I agree with what Parminder said subsequently, " this level of
criteria writing may not necessary... however the nomcom should
certainly have clear directions from the IGC on this issue. The present
nomcom took that such directions already exist...."

     governance at lists.cpsr.org