[governance] multistakeholding was Re: N & CoI

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 12:32:39 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
<snip>
> My issue is not with those people (I've met them, I know what they do and I
> sincerely appreciate it). But they're not the people who're playing ICANN
> politics on this list.

strewth!

>> further discussion on the MAG nominations along with a simple declaration
>> that the next NomCom undertake to only make substantive decisions
>> concerning
>> the criteria for selection after broad consultation with the group.

Where would we put this "declaration"?

If we put it on the nomcom page, then I would rather remove the words
"whenever possible" from the sentence:

"Criteria used by nomcom will be made public and will be reviewed by
the caucus whenever possible before decisions are made"

In other words, all future nomcoms MUST make make criteria public
before they are used to select nominees.

If we don't make it part of the charter/nomcompage, then what is to
stop a future nomcom from "forgetting" about this declaration?

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim