[governance] Milestone Agreement Reached Between ICANN, and F Root Server Operator, Internet Systems Consortium

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Jan 14 15:07:08 EST 2008

Yes, the agreement says very little. Having read this and a few comments, my
take at this stage is...

Suzanne Woolf from ISC is main person responsible at ISC end for this
agreement. Suzanne is an ex ICANN staffer, also active in ICANNS RSSAC (root
server advisory committee)

The primary context is that one of the last remaining tasks under the
memorandum with USG for ICANN is to establish agreements with root server
operators. This has been difficult in the past and remains so - but
completion of this rather benign document does allow ICANN to show some
progress in this area in upcoming talks with USG on the MOU.

Ian Peter