[governance] karenb comments: IGC statements

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Feb 23 15:18:40 EST 2008

Karen, Thanks a lot for putting together the draft statements. It is very
helpful at a time I am not able to give a lot of attention to this task.

Some quick responses to your queries.

>I: themes - is the caucus not now supporting the IISD proposal for a main
theme of sustainable development and internet governance?

There has been no discussion on it, so we at the moment have no formal
position on it.

>III: MAG - what about the question of continuity of the chair? i thought i
saw this somewhere, but maybe not in the caucus statement?

It has been in earlier caucus statements, last year. I can add a line. Does
anyone have any reservations to adding - The caucus supports the
continuation of Nitin Desai as the Chair of the MAG. He has played a stellar
role in guiding the MAG and the IGF through difficult formative times.

Or any alternative text..

Parminder

  _____