[governance] Reconstituting MAG (Tech/admin language)

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Feb 20 11:57:39 EST 2008

>Jeanette,
>
>What I can read from your previous post of Feb
>12 is this excerpt: "As I have probably said
>before, I think we should stick to 3 groups
>(govs, biz, cs) instead of adding another group."
>So, could please clarify in which sense you
>agree with Bill, who's saying that he's opposed
>to "membership should (ideally) divided equally
>among governments, civil society and the
>business sector" (with the rest of the
>paragraph).
>
>Is it that, in the end, you are of the opinion
>that ICANN and other members of the so-called
>"technical community" are CS organizations, and
>thus should be counted as such in terms of
>number of members of the MAG?

No.  In the IGF I think they should continue to
be considered as separate stakeholder (or
interest) group.

But I consider they are currently over
represented in the MAG (I also think govt over
represented), so there should be a rebalancing to
favor civil society in particular as CS is
clearly under represented.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org