[governance] Senate OKs Immunity for Telecoms

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Feb 16 19:13:15 EST 2008

Dan Krimm [16/02/08 14:52 -0800]:
>In short, EFF may be involved in "propaganda" at times, but not *just*
>propaganda -- their main activity is litigation in the public interest,
>usually against either large monopolistic corporations (progressive) or the
>government itself (libertarian).  While EFF takes strong stands on ICT

Progressive? When it comes to innuendo, twisting truth around like pretzels
.. they have Karl Rove beat.

I've had a longish record of calling their bluff on one uninformed bit of
anti antispam propaganda after the other, the last one being this -
http://www.circleid.com/posts/eff_use_of_propaganda_karl_rove/

It doesnt really help that they have a raving lunatic like John Gilmore
calling the tune there.  His diatribe here prompted me to write that post by
the way .. scroll down, rather nearer the end of the thread. Pasted below

[quote]

http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/664

#