[governance] Re: [IGP-ANNOUNCE] IGP Alert: Reforming ICANN

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Feb 7 04:20:15 EST 2008

>Soft governance - possibly. Oversight - no. There aint no soft oversight,
>trust me.

I think we only be dabbling in semantic nuances here. As long as we agree
with the possibility - whether of soft governance or of soft oversight, it
should be fine, isnt it.

Some would think if someone proposed IGF did soft governance that would be
more substantial than soft oversight... but either is fine, when the actual
proposed content of it has been laid out.

BTW, the UN ECOSOC Commission on science and tech for development does soft
oversight on all post-WSIS activities of UN bodies including IGF by laying
out a formal reporting mechanism, and the ability to ask/ raise questions.

Parminder