[governance] Themes for the coming IGFs

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu Dec 11 15:14:38 EST 2008

Jeanette, Hi.

I agree with you, critical Internet resources should stay on the
agenda, I think the discussion took a good direction this year. A
number of people noted the CIR debate was a sign of the IGF maturing.

I was very surprised as the lack of civil society participation
--particularly IGC and the bill of rights caucus-- in the open
dialogue promoting cybersecurity and trust, it was the session for
pushing rights.  Think there were perhaps 3 or 4 CS speakers during
the whole afternoon
<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/hyderabad_prog/Open%20Dialogue.html>.
The mics were open, what was the problem?

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org