[governance] Free Web Plan Being Pushed by FCC Head

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 2 20:26:43 EST 2008

JFC and all,

  It's interesting that your nation, France, and now, via fiat, the EU,
doesn't share your vision.

  Censorship, in ALL it's ugly forms is wrong.  Selective Censorship
is even worse in some specific and often times peculiar ways...  It
seems of late, via Frances leadership, the EU indeed has some peculiar
ways...

jefsey wrote:

> At 10:54 03/12/2008, Milton L Mueller wrote:
>
>> And PLEASE note that this is a CENSORED internet, which is precisely
>> what some of us fear will be the price of government-provided
>> “internet for all.”
>

> Dear Milton,
> Please let us stop to confuse the US Data Network, which is a
> public/critic national infrastructure, with the Internet. The way we
> all and always resisted to this kind of risk is in out-smarting it. I
> accept that you may prefer compromises for stability, but this is IMHO
> more risky. BTW, as fas I know the fight for a free Internet is not at
> the IGF or ICANN right now. It is at the IETF 66NAT mailing list.
>
> What is the societal risk of censoring if censoring is technically
> made impossible as 66NATs will make it. That is, if their RFC is not
> censored (in technical issues, censoring results from "standardisation
> pollution". It leads to a confusion, making interoperability
> impossible except through the few left censorable channels). What is
> the use to fight censoring legal/business possibilities, if the
> network technology is ready built for every stakeholder (starting with
> Google) to be able to censor/control others?
>
> This is why I am more and more unatease with the current CS business
> when it stays alone. I would like to see it helping the emergence of a
> Network Aware People Society. Its is good to protest and talk, but it
> is also necessary to think, work, develop, test, and deploy. We quite
> have the technology and certainly the capacity to deploy a Secure
> Civil Global Network (SCGN) as a CS answer to the GNI marketing of
> HRs. If the Internet becomes censored in the USA we will fight to free
> you guys, but IMHO every project which develops people access is good?
>
> jfc
>

> ..

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04