SV: [governance] Re: Why standards from ISO are not freely available?

Kicki Nordström kicki.nordstrom at srfriks.org
Wed Aug 27 22:53:56 EDT 2008

Dear   all,

I am  sure MP3 is an open standard! This is now the standard DAISY use for its production of talking books for persons with reading and writing disabilities and mainly blind and visually impaired persons, but also others.

MP3 is the base and then DAISY  standards is brought in to make the reading capacity to fit  for instance blind persons who need to rotate around in a book, speed up the speech or search for particular parts in the book.

DAISY standard is also open for everyone.

Kind regards
Kicki

Kicki Nordström
Synskadades Riksförbund (SRF)