[governance] [Fwd: Re: [At-Large] Updates to New gTLD Program Implementationandauctioning model.]

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 9 00:37:21 EDT 2008

All,

  As an FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [At-Large] Updates to New gTLD Program
Implementationandauctioning model.
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:34:20 -0700
From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com>
To: Hong Xue <hongxueipr at gmail.com>,NameCritic
<namecritic at blogs.pn>,at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org
<54535d540808091829x456983e6t38f57633bd7d813f at mail.gmail.com>

Hong and all,

  I would agree.  But that's not the "ICANN Way", and never has been,
and will not likely be unless or until they are forced to do so.  Only
DOC/NTIA can accomplish such, which is also not likely but does
provide a ray of hope.  ICANN needs/wants lots of $$.  Auctioning
off gTLD's or IDN gTLD's is a good way of accumulating a goodly
sum in a fairly short period of time.

  My silent inside sources today have told me this is already a
"Done Deal".  The announcment was only to give the appearance
that such is only now a consideration up for discussion/debate.
A debate rat hole.  Happy rat hole chasing/discussing/debating!  >:)

     governance at lists.cpsr.org