[governance] IGC Nomcom - Slate of candidates

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Apr 23 06:29:54 EDT 2008

>Hi Meryem,

<snip>

>we didn't seem to have many
>candidates since only a few incumbents--Adam, Jeanette, Qusai I
>believe----had said on the list they wanted to be considered.

Nothing prevented you or anyone else from saying you intended to be a
candidate.

Because people (other than most of the incumbent MAG members) didn't
announce their candidacy there wasn't an opportunity for support and
endorsements.  We didn't even have chance to discuss the kind of
qualities we thought the nomcom should look for. Other than the MAG
members who made their candidacy known, it wasn't clear when we were
discussing rules/criteria/strategies for the selection process who
had a vested interest and who didn't. A shame when we seem so
concerned about transparency.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org