[governance] Re : New WSIS Civil Society Working Group on Information Networks Governance

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Sep 12 11:02:03 EDT 2007

On 12 sep 2007, at 09.33, Adam Peake wrote:

> You and Louis seem to be hinting rather strongly that a few of us
> are in the pay of some government, business or the "domain name
> milk cow".  It's a little insulting. But typical.

it is not only being in the employ of one of these organizations that
disqualifies someone for membership.
even being a volunteer in an internet based organization like, IETF,
ICANN, ARIN etc., is enough, as i understand it.
though if one is only a member of ISOC, that may be ok, as I
understand it.  but it would be good to understand the qualities that
mark one as unqualified.  i assume there are some objective criteria,
and since the new association was announced here, it would be good to
understand the membership litmus test clearly.

another question i have, is whether those of us who are unredeemably
tainted, as i assume i am, can join the mailing list?

thanks

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org