[governance] what is it that threatens the Internet community or 'who is afraid of the IGF'

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Wed Sep 5 10:52:38 EDT 2007

> Meanwhile, I cannot understand why some groups spend so much energy on
trying to shape - or put out of any shape - a discussion session on CIRs....
So much was spoken during the consultations on how this session should be
treated in a manner different from other main sessions, and frankly, I could
not really understand even one argument well..... It may be my ignorance and
inaptitude but they seem to be putting some meaningless argument or other to
push this very illogical thing that a CIR main session should be different
(basically ineffectual).

aws: Money, Control, Power
Its Politics, pure and simple
-

> And would like an examination of and a good discussion on what is
it exactly that threatens the Internet community. Lets discuss real issues,
perspectives and fears out in the open rather than using proxy arguments.

aws: IMO, the 'Internet Community' has no 'Due Process of Law' in its present
malformed state. It is presently subject to secular interest, of which, disrupt
the Union of the Community.(Separatist interventions).
Without the solidarity of a Constitutional Union, the 'Community' will continue
to be the subject of Separatists.
-

> .. And civil society as a non-institutional player, *** with fewest
constraints that come through having interests in maintaining institutional
inertias, is expected to do the forward thinking, and while staying
strategic, *** ...

aws: Right-On Parminder!
The UN & Icann still remain a syllogistic construct.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org