[governance] Fulfilling the Mandate of the IGF

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Oct 29 01:44:54 EDT 2007

Hi all

Thanks Bill for initiating this discussion, and Ralf for taking it forward.

May I call upon the IGC, formally on behalf of co-coordinators, to
contribute your views to, and discuss issues regarding, the IGC sponsored
workshop on “Fulfilling the Mandate of the IGF”, over the next 2 weeks of
the run up to the IGF. The IGC members on the panel will take a keen note of
the discussions here in making their interventions.

I understand that this workshop will be one of the most important ones at
the IGF, where we have will representatives from different interest groups –
govs, private sector, Internet community and CS – discuss this important
issue of how is the IGF fulfilling or not fulfilling the mandate that was
set for it by the Tunis Agenda, and what steps, in any, need to/ could be
taken in this regard, in a forward looking and multistakeholder manner.
Thanks.

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh

IT for Change, Bangalore