[governance] New IGF community site - not recognising old login details

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Fri Oct 19 05:51:44 EDT 2007

Nnenna wrote:

> Hi Jeremy, all
>
> I tried logging in with details from the initial site put up a bit
> before Athens. Not going through.  Is another  subscription needed?

I'm afraid so.  The Athens site (igf2006.info) was hosted in Kieren
McCarthy's private Web space, and it mysteriously broke some time ago.
I've offered to try and recover the old logins and content, but don't
have access to attempt this yet.  The new site is no longer hosted on
private Web space, but on a dedicated virtual server with multiple
administrators, so the same issue should not recur.

Although the old subscriptions don't work, the two main applications on
the new site (community blog and wiki) have both been configured to
accept OpenID logins (see http://openid.net/get), which at least means
that you won't have to register more than once on the new site, and may
not have to register at all if you already have an OpenID.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org