Privacy was Re: [governance] Who will be in Rio?

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon Oct 8 11:06:12 EDT 2007

I don't really understand why this has come up now, it's been the
practice to publish a participants list through WSIS, WGIG
consultations, and all IGF consultations and meeting in Athens.

But. The registration page says (and think has always said, I believe
the secretariat took over a registration system used for WSIS)

"The IGF Secretariat will publish details of participants contained
in mandatory fields marked with * on the IGF website. All other
information will be held in strict confidence."

Would be nice to know if this is a breach. Whether opt in is
required.  Or if the process is covered by some UN exemption? (are
the transcripts a privacy breach, no one asks.)

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org